The process of deciding what want to embellish my skin with has been going on for the past few years. Now I’ve finally found a concept that I could fall in love with. I say ‘could’, because I’m not totally satisfied with any proposed final product yet.
I started out with an idea and I thought I had it down. Then I started drawing and the possibilities became endless. Feels as though I’m back at the start. Ever feel that way? blegh
Could just stop being so petty and get it done, but then I’ll miss out on the journey of finding things for it to entail. The journey is more enticing to me. It has to be a work of art. I wouldn’t just want to slap any old image on.
Hopefully it gets done before I die. lol. Imagine that fail.
Attempt 2 at the key
The things I am sure about, is that the heart locket must be unlocked and that the key must have all the symbolism it can hold. Oh and detail. As much as possible. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
According to thefreedictionary.com an achievement is something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.
Achievements are things that people can be proud of. If achievements come pouring in for you, then congrats on all your hard work. You probably fuel the occasional “WOW!”.
Achievements are the things that have given you an extra cut-above-the-rest. For many people achieving something new may come by surprise, well most things I’ve achieved have. It’s all in making the right decision at the appropriate time. Living in the moment.
Anyway, here are some of the most significant achievements in my life thus far. Some may just be here, because I was proud at the time and others, because they made me happy:
- Spice Girl in Primary school play (That was major for a lil girl back then. I was Posh Spice.)
- Awarded the “Best Hairstyle” award in Gr.7.
- Awarded the “Social Butterfly” award 3rd year PR.
- Matric Certificate (Yes, I finished school, and I loved it!)
- Senior Council member 2006 ( Big job in a school of 1500!)
- Global Forum Solutions Team member 2010 (Rubbed shoulders with some of the most influential business people in the world. Worth the brag!)
- Survived Septicemia March 2009 (Hint: it’s not an event, it’s an illness.)
- Worked at Kodak Photographic store for 2 years.
- Learned how to manually operate an SLR Digital camera.
- Graduated with my Public Relations Management Diploma.
- Accepted to continue my studies on Btech level.
- Accepted to study Film and Media Studies at UCT (Wonder what life would have been like if I had taken that path.)
- Accepted to study Public Relations Management at CPUT.
- Danced and acted in 3 school plays.
- Choreographed and taught dances to Gr.8 kids for a concert.
- Successfully applied for an internship at Springleap.com.
- Worked at Springleap.com for a year.
- Completed my dancing exams until Final Grade level (Still want to go further!)
- Managed Cafe Latino coffee shop from time to time. (I love being the boss 😛 )
- Managed a stand at Rocking the Daisies 2009 and Easter Vortex 2009.
- Sourced and managed entertainment for CANSA Parow Relay for Life 2010.
- Helped raise over R80 000 for CANSA.
- Cheerleader in Highschool. (Contrary to popular belief the BHS cheerleaders work their asses off to control a crowd of 1500 learners.)
- Winning Interschools Singing Cup.
- Winning Intercolours Singing Cup.
- Took part in the first Twitter lecture online in 2010.
- Travelled to New Zealand and experienced it’s beauty in 2007.
- Danced non-stop for 9 hours (and it hurt, but it was worth it) at Lockdown V in 2010.
- I realised that this is going to take forever.
- I realised that I could be using this time to achieve #31.
I’m not going to share my other 170 achievements, because I’m not sure they’re totally legit ( like the Spice Girls one ) and because there isn’t much you can take for yourself by reading about my achievements.
Try writing your list… it’s not easy. Makes you wonder how you managed to stay on the planet for so long and only do so little Then again, maybe ‘achievements’ is too much of an academic word.
Let’s rather write a list of our “Top 200 Happy Moments”. I prefer not to be too serious 😉
Following my last blog, this one may seem strange, nearly contradictory.
I found the conflict to be within me though…as I reached for a lil’ bowl of chocolate cluster crumbs on my desk.
I’m not a chocolate fan, I’d rather eat olives or egg-plant ,but there’s something about a rare treat makes me love life even more.
It may possibly be that the more I have of something the less I like it. On the other hand, I’ve loved olives all my life.
Life’s dimensions have got me entertained. For the first time in a while I enjoy my own company.
Motivation is like love, it comes in different forms to people.
I’m not a lover of all material things, just some of them. I enjoy relaxing and I’m at peace mostly in natural surroundings, but still I’d have to say my vice is money.
In up’s and down’s money has been more prevalent in the good times. Sometimes I begin to wonder whether money makes the good times great. Then, there have been amazing times when money doesn’t even feature.
I’m only human. And you have to agree with me, money does make life a whole lot easier generally speaking.
People. Anyone who knows me personally would know that people motivate me. Not through persuasion, but actually just by being around, to be able to relate to, or not relate to. You fascinate me.
Experience is the next thing. I’ll admit to being wary, but I enjoy experiencing new things.
A random road trip to nowhere is my latest happy thought.
Oh ja, and I think this is adorable…
This is a funny one. It’s like a joke that never gets old.
Ah, how I love the human psyche. There are some things people tend to ignore so as to not make anyone in the surrounds feel uncomfortable. And you know what, I don’t see this as a flaw in human nature at all. I actually find it quite entertaining.
Find the elephant in my blog... Hint: It's in the example.
Often there will be someone who is brave (or foolish) enough to point out the obvious. This ends in embarrassment, almost inevitably. What’s hilarious though, is that everyone else was thinking exactly the same thing, but ironically deny it.
Trust me, if you know what’s good for you, you won’t point out that your hottest lecturer’s fly is undone in the middle of a session. He will be embarrassed and everyone will question where you were looking resulting in your embarrassment too.
We know they were all staring at his crotch too, right? RIGHT.
Yet still, the joke is on you! Pa!ha!
There’s actually an elephant in this blog…anyone brave enough to point it out? 😛 I dare you
Ever heard that some people “wake up on the wrong side of the bed” ? That’s the reason my bed is against my bedroom wall. And the ‘right’ side is the only side I can get out on.
Daily, the next 24 hours have the potential to turn bitter or sweet. Sure, life happens, but we move on as every second passes. Each second to follow holds a possibility of its own.
Starting the day in a good mood is a conscious decision. We’ve heard this line so many times, I actually don’t know why I even bothered repeating it. It’s a wonder why some people still don’t get it!
Going into something with a negative refrain, whether it may be a business opportunity, a trip to visit the family, or just the next five minutes of your day, never turns out well for anyone. So put some damn effort into being a friendly person for once! It’ll pay off, I guarantee you.
Be prepared to be delighted.
Feeling down? My advice: Look and act happy and you will become happy.
Never underestimate the power of a smile.